Canal Gestión Lanzarote, S.A.U. of social address Carretera de Arrecife a Las Caletas, km. 3.5 of Arrecife (Lanzarote), was constituted with the objective of running the Management of the Public Service of Supply, Sanitation and Reuse of the waters of the islands of Lanzarote and La Graciosa. As of the 26th April 2013, via an advertising procedural department, the Consortium of the waters of Lanzarote awarded Canal Isabel II, S.A. the licence of the management of the aforementioned public service.
Just as established within the document of particular administrative clauses of the tender, dated 22nd May 2013, Canal de Isabel II Gestión, S.A. formed the company Canal Gestión Lanzarote S.A.U., who will carry out the objective of the licence, resulting in that Canal de Isabel II Gestión, S.A., awards them with the management contact of services.
Canal de Isabel II Gestión, S.A., a company dependent of the autonomous community of Madrid, is the sole shareholder. The declaration of single-shareholder was determined via notary deed on the 22nd May 2013. Canal Gestión Lanzarote, S.A.U. forms part of the group headed by Canal de Isabel II Gestión, S.A., company domiciled in Madrid.
The corporate purpose of the company, in agreement with the articles of association is the following:
- Management of the integral water cycle in the islands of Lanzarote and La Graciosa, this is, the carrying out of all procedures orientated towards an adequate administration of the necessary hydrous resources for the development and maintenance of the quality of life in the aforementioned territory:
- Supply and reuse management of potable water.
- Management of sewage services.
- Management of the monitoring of waste spillage to the sewage systems and public hydraulic domain.
- Management of the purifying service of residual waters.
- Carrying out studies and jobs, technical as well as financial, legal and/or administrative, necessary for the prevision of services and fulfilment of the aforementioned activities.
- Realisation and/or management of any constructions, as well as civil, associated to all works which are deemed necessary for the maintenance, replacement, improvement, installation or increase of the infrastructures associated with the aforementioned services.
- The collection and treatment activity of solid residues (mud and sludge) resulting from the treatment of residual waters.
- Development of investigation activities, advice and assistance in all sectors related to the corporate purpose.
In order to achieve all of these purposes, Canal Gestión Lanzarote, S.A.U. which currently supplies to 204.393 citizens in fact¹ in Lanzarote and La Graciosa, and obtains a turnover of approximately 30 million Euros, works towards applying the use of a more modern and efficient technology which contributes towards the protection of the environment in order to achieve becoming a true reflection of their mother company.
Data from 2017.